Little Owls provides education and childcare for 1 - 4 year old children - please click here for our Terms and Conditions. It is part of Histon Early Years Centre, a Sure Start Children’s Centre. Little Owls provide a home away from home atmosphere with an extremely well qualified, experienced and friendly team, offering outstanding (Ofsted 2015) care and early years education for young children. Each child is valued and has access to an amazing array of activities and learning experiences. There is so much to explore!
- A vibrant setting offering excellent facilities and equipment
- A nurturing, caring environment for full or part day provision
- Highly qualified practitioners who creatively deliver an Early Years Foundation Stage experience
- An approach that complements and balances the educational philosophy and provision of the Early Years Centre
- Child centred exploration and planning
- An emphasis on healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle in line with our Health Promoting Schools status and Food for Life national initiative
- An holistic commitment to support and encourage cultural appreciation
- A ‘Go4it’ (national award 2011) approach in empowering young children to be responsible learners
- Excellent ICT facilities
- Flexible entitlement from 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, 48 weeks per year
- Holiday play schemes
Who can attend?
Children attend as rising twos to access education and childcare. The Centre operates a register of interest list and releases small batches of spaces during the year for allocations of session dependant on availability. Special consideration will be made for those families referred by a partner agency.
Minimum 4 sessions per week
Please note for the well-being of the children, to support their sense of security and to provide continuity, a minimum of 4 sessions per week is operated, two of which should be a whole day placement.
For younger children, continuity and security is paramount to build confidence and trust in their carers. For this reason we offer a minimum of 4 sessions over 2 days per week for our rising 2 year olds. We do not advocate half day sessions for this age range.
Minimum 2 sessions per week for 3 and 4 year old children who attend the Nursery School
Fully flexible Term Time Only Sessions are available for children accessing Nursery Education Funding. Please enquire for further details.
Most families require a variation of full day care
Other options may be available and it is suggested that for further details parents make application to the setting to discuss possibilities.
Children are eligible for 15 hours of Nursery Education Funding from the term following their third birthday, or from the term following their second birthday dependent on certain criteria. When applicable, Little Owls fees are reduced at the pro rata current hourly rate (excluding food costs) term time only. The number of funded weeks per term may vary.
Fees – Competitive fees, for details please contact the Centre
Holiday Play Scheme
Holiday Play Scheme offers holiday childcare for children from 2 years of age to school entry, which is until the August of the year a child is entitled to attend a Local Authority reception class.
Activities are designed around children’s interests and the themes of the Centre. Visits and outings are related to project themes followed within the Centre. A home visit is not offered for the Holiday Play Scheme, but we invite families to attend the setting prior to attending these sessions.
Holiday Play Schemes are available during all half-term periods, 1 week during the Easter period and 4 weeks during the summer period.